What is the difference between a Listing Agent and a Buyer’s Agent?
Key Roles of a Listing Agent – Assist Sellers
- Has data and understanding of the current market, and is able to interpret it to help the seller be in a good selling position.
- Has a proven marketing plan in place to implement that will promote the listing.
- Reviews what an offer means with the seller, what the offer will net the seller, and what timelines are required so the seller is able to make an informed decision.
- Secures an offer, moving it from an offer to a written binding contract.
- Gets the contract to closing, helping the seller stay in compliance with the terms of the accepted purchase agreement-contract.
- Key negotiator, facilitator, and communicator to all parties involved in the transaction.
- Your agent who follows your instructions for closing, wiring of proceeds or delivery of proceeds.
Key Role of Buyer’s Agent – Assist Buyers
- Has data and understanding of the market to help the buyer understand the current market they will be purchasing in.
- Is a key communicator with the buyer’s lender and knows what is needed on behalf of the buyer client for purchasing a property.
- Reviews, orientates, educates the buyer on the process of buying.
- Helps the buyer with a success plan of purchasing, making sure the needed items are completed first (job secured, letter of pre-approval ready to go, lease information reviewed, understanding of earnest money, finance plan fully determined and more).
- Sets up online-automatic searches for buyer clients, helps locate properties that meet the buyer’s wants and needs and arranges tours and times for buyers.
- Prepares an offer for the buyer while doing research on the property, as well as research on how it compares to the current market.
- Keeps the transaction in compliance for timelines, conditions of the purchase agreement, and moves the contract to closing.
- Communicates with the buyer throughout the entire transaction, arranges access to property for inspections and final walk through, time of closing, and delivery of earnest money for closing and more.
- Attends the closing with the buyer.
Whether you are buying, selling, or selling-to-buy, our team has the expertise that will have you covered no matter what your real estate needs are! If you know someone, who is thinking of buying or selling, please do two things, first tell them about Dakota Carol and YOUR HOME SOLUTION TEAM, and second, call us and let us know about them!